If you are looking for the best hand cutters for your needs, we did the work for you!
Whether you need to cut wire or cables, trim PCB component leads or plastic, below are our top 4 most popular hand cutters (in no particular order).
1. Xuron 2175 Maxi-Shear Cutter
Xuron 2175 is a tough 6" long shear cutter with 30% thicker cutting head and 57-59C Rockwell C hardness blades. The Xuron 2175 maxi cutter is perfect for cutting jewelry and craft wire, electronic wire, cable and components or trimming plastic. These wire cutting shears cuts soft wire up to 14 AWG (1.6mm). Xuron 2175 has a lifetime warranted return spring and comfortable Xuro-Rubber grips.
- 6" long micro-shear cutter
- Perfect for cutting & trimming wire, cable, components or trimming plastic
- Blades can handle up to 14 AWG soft wire
- Comfortable rubber grips
2. Xcelite S475JSNN 5" Diagonal Tapered Head Flush Cutter
Xcelite S475JSNN (formerly S475NJS) is a 5" long flush cutter used for cutting component leads or wires. The head is tapered and the handles have cushion grips. Coil spring for ease of operation.
3. Hakko CHP-170 Cutter
Hakko's CHP-170 Wire Cutter is a precision tool with a carbon steel blade. The CHP-170 handles up to a 16 AWG size wire or leads.
4. Ideal-Tek ES5541.CR.BG Ergo-Tek Slim Cutters
These high precision Swiss cutters from Ideal-Tek have ergonomic ESD-safe handles. ES5541 is made from 63 HRC ball bearing steel and has dual-leaf stainless steel springs.
- Small cutting head - tapered & relieved
- Flush Cut blades
- ESD-safe, Ergo-tek slim comfort handles
- OAL = 120 mm (4.7")
- Cutting Capacity on Soft Wire = 38-17 AWG
While these are our four most popular hand cutters, we have other hand cutters from which you can choose.